Monday, April 11, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Well, the proverbial saddle, that is.  I don't exactly ride horses anymore ;)  As much as I love crafting, I had to take a bit of a break because, as usual, life got in the way.  Now that things around here have settled down, I am recommitting myself back to my blog and crafting.  I have been working on a little something while I was away...

A few years ago, I taught myself how to knit.  When I found out I was pregnant with my son, I knew I had to knit him a baby blanket.  My daughter was quite sad that he had a blanket from Mommy, but she didn't.  One day, she asked me to make her a blanket, to which I said "yes, of course I will!"  Soon after that request, I pulled out my patterns and she picked the one she liked and we went to the craft store so she could pick out the yarn she liked.  Fast forward about six months and the blanket is finally finished! Here it is in all it's pink glory...
 And here is a close-up of the pattern.
My sweet Nutty Bear will be over the moon when she receives this blanket!  I can't wait to give it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are like love notes, both make me smile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany